The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 910 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Hi, my fellow beginner! Deep and touching story and your poem is awesome! Mental oppression is so rampant and my heart goes out to the caregiver and the victim. The Lord has been leading me to intercede in prayer, for our loved ones in these situations as HE definitely is our only hope. You put it well when you said that we need to die to self in order to be that gentle and compassionate tool for God. Our flesh (my flesh), can and does act out oppositely under the pressue.
This is a well-written account of how a loved one suffers when a family member has a psychiatric disorder. You did a good job describing the wife's pain and fears. I really liked the prayer journal entry.
03/02/10
The prayer/poem is gorgeous--reads like a psalm.

The beginning was a bit choppy to read, but I was quite moved by the tenderness of the last half, and by your title.
Depression is such a debilitating thing for anyone to go through. It can attack both non-Christians and Christians alike. Even some of the greatest men in the Bible suffered from depression. There was a lovely expression of love throughout this challenge entry. Bless you dear Maryknoll.
Careful not to walk at ease too soon;
Watchful in trusting man for cure..........Your words are so very beautiful the link together like beautiful petals surrounding a rare flower...you have a heart for God to open up to us the reflections only He can give...how beautiful...thank my dear sister...

03/23/10
AMEN, beautiful in words and in Spirit. Is this your story? I have suffered from something the doctor said was bipolar-like only milder. Yes, our God is mighty to cure and heal our minds. He can and He will if we turn to Him. Thank you for the lovely poem also. It touched my heart.