The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1887 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/27/06
A great story in these verses of rhyme. I enjoyed it thoroughly. The rhyme isn't that smooth, but the message is super.
04/27/06
Fantastic. My favourite stanza:
Joy is loose in the slammer
Cana’s wine in the cup
There’s no party quite like it
When Jesus shows up
04/29/06
Very, very good!
Wow! You certainly deserved this win. Congratulations on writing a moving poem that screams truth in every line. I feel a surge in my Spirit from reading. Great job.
05/05/06
congratulations on your win
05/06/06
This was really great Sherry. I loved how you drew everyone together is their struggle against sin and the desire for forgiveness.
05/08/06
Sherry,

This poem was incredible! You told a wonderful story, painted the contrast between the small woman and the colossal task she was undertaking, and showed how our weakness is used by God when we are infused with His strength. All this and a perfect meter and rhyme scheme. Praise God for your gift!

Karen Deikun
05/10/06
I am a nurse at a correctional and this struck a chord in my heart.Thanks for a great piece of art.
You know what's funny. I thought I commented on your poem, but I didn't. I always read through at least one entire category each week. I predicated this would win. It really is an incredible piece Sherry. Simply beautiful.
05/17/06
Wow! I read this winning entry of yours a couple weeks ago, and was so impressed with how much you could tell us while keeping rhyme and meter intact! Now, this same winning poet has added a comment to my "hope" entry poetry! I am quite ecstatic and flabbergasted. Thank you so much for your very kind review! God bless you, too!
05/17/06
p.s. By the way, my eyes are damp, and I have to tell you my favorite lines:
"Joy is loose in the slammer
Cana’s wine in the cup
There’s no party quite like it
When Jesus shows up"
Congratulations on your win. Very deserving.