The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 899 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/02/12
Wow! What a great story! With a POWERFUL ending! Loved it!
Your piece reminded me of the old saying "Many pastors resign every Monday. They just never tell anyone."

You portrayed a common experience in ministry. Many people would be shocked and surprised to learn that upfront people feel this way. Good portrayal and an ending very true to life.
I did spot a few bits of missing punctuation. Always good to have another pair of eyes check it over, if possible.
Good job. See you next week?
03/02/12
Loved this! Loved it, loved it, loved it!

What a touching story, and so so true. Pastors have so much to handle, and so many things are on them.
This showed how "human" Pastors are...good job of reflecting the frustration that our "flesh" bodies can produce.

Loved the letter from his former youth student! God placed that in his email...there are no conincidences with God. His hand is always on us and always has a purpose.

Loved it. Thank you so much.

God bless~
Loved it.

As a retired pastor I can relate to this story. I actually had this happen to me a couple of times.

Good stuff!
03/05/12
Thank you for this glimpse into the life of a pastor. How easy it is to make assumptions about pastors and how they should/should not be living their lives.

I think we can all relate to the fact that one encouraging message can make a world of difference in how we feel about ourselves and our jobs.
This brought tears to my eyes. I have a friendship with my minister and I know sometimes he thinks no one understands him. He has saved my life, and more importantly my soul. He had tears flowing down his face at my son's High School graduation. See, my son is now a senior in college and is starting Seminary next year. My minister knows how he has impacted my family's life. But even though I've told him before, I think I'll tell him again at Bible Study tonight. Maybe I'll print your story and just drop it in his mailbox with the words We do love and appreciate you at the bottom of it. Thank you for this.
03/05/12
Thank everyone for your kind words.
03/08/12
Congratulations! God Bless~
Congratulations for your ribbon in your level and for placing 18th overall!