The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1290 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
beautiful and right on topic. There is nothing more astonishing than the love Jesus has for me.
02/10/12
You paint very moving images that remind us of the true reason for our faith ... His OH so great love! Nicely done.
02/11/12
Beautiful and staggering. Loved it. God Bless~
02/12/12
Oh, I like this a lot!

This isn't exactly "red ink," just a suggestion... pink in perhaps? ;) Anyway, I loved how you had the repeated words in the first two stanzas ("dying and dying" then "cleaner and cleaner") and I kept expecting that in the last two stanzas as well.

Great job with this one.
A very unique, engaging and thought-provoking entry. I think what I like most is that it's the type of writing that you need to read a couple times in order to grasp the deeper meanings behind some of the statements/phrases. Good job!
02/14/12
Beautiful use of words and descriptions. My only "red ink" which others may disagree with, is possibly use a little more punctuation? I got the impression that you purposely avoided commas and the like, but it may have helped the sentences flow a little better. But, like I said, that may just be me! A lovely entry, well done.
02/14/12
Lovely and engaging poem with powerful images.
02/14/12
I love the symbolism and the metaphors you use in this piece ("all heaven knew of that embrace"), and more.

You paint the perfect picture of redemption, purpose for redemption, and the continued work of grace in the believer's life; and do so with style.

Nicely done!
02/15/12
Beautiful. You have captured the amazement I feel every time I stop to consider all He is and has done.
02/16/12
Excellent word painting. Enjoyable read. Thank you for sharing.
02/16/12
Excellent poem...it is truly an astonishment, the depth of Jesus’ love for us. Beautifully written reminder that He gives what none of us deserve. Well done.
02/16/12
Congratulations! God Bless~
02/17/12
Congrats Colin! Superb job!