The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1306 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wow this is super intense. I like the style it really drives your point home.
11/06/10
Powerful. The style keeps this reader moving forward.
You've penned an awesome poem...again!
Great job! Loved the style.
11/08/10
What a unique style, so skillfully executed. I particularly enjoyed the "echo" effect. The imagery shockingly shows how destructive gossip is, but ends with the beauty and hope of Christ and truth. Very powerful writing!
11/09/10
I agree w/ Joan about the effective use of echoes in representing the gossip. Very well done! What's this structure called? :)
11/09/10
There's nothing I can add to what's already been said but just wanted to express my pleasure in reading this powerfully, well-written poem. Great message, great execution. This is a winner in my book.
Wow! I loved the echoes, and the Christian message. Very well done!
11/10/10
Henry - your poetic talent is truly masterful. This is haunting and so impactful. Wonderful!
This is extraordinary and beautiful in both style and powerful message. Wonderful!
11/10/10
Tears blur my vision as I attempt to comment on your writing. To say it is very special isn't saying all I want to say. You are able to paint such a vivid picture by choosing exactly the right color of word.
Moving. Powerful. Exquisite.

Mona
11/11/10
Very unique, creative and powerful. I too like the echo effect you achieved to drive home the message.
Wow, Henry - what an emptionally powerful, well-crafted poem! Congratulations an another award!

Congratulations on your EC!
Congratulations AGAIN, Henry on placing with your wonderfully written poem. I believe that moves you up to Masters--where you belong!
11/11/10
I can't add a thing to what has already been said. A truly powerful piece well deserving of placement! Wow!
11/11/10
This is just amazing, Henry... and truly profound. Your poetic format makes this come alive. Super congrats!
11/11/10
Brilliant, simply brilliant!
11/12/10
Excellent. It made for compelling reading. The structure of the poem added to its intensity and mood. Some of the images you used were very vivid.
11/12/10
Now THIS is a poem. Another fine writer of poetry who is also a teacher of someone (like me) who can only aspire to this level of creativity. Congratulations!
11/14/10
Strong images and language. You my friend are very very good and it was a pleasure to read.