The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 952 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I love the old-fashioned correspondence you "penned", especially when compared head to head with today's form of "love letter". Your point is SO well made, and your writing is wonderful - I think you'll move out of Level two quite soon!
This is such a clever idea I really enjoyed the juxtaposition of the two letters. You have a flair for creativity and a romantic heart.
10/31/10
I loved the ending. Great contrasts here. The only red ink I have is to be careful of setting up "then" as being so idyllic and perfect compared today. It works because of the contrast you're trying to make, but I think it could also work to show how communication wasn't perfect back then, either.

So... that's not so much red ink as a different perspective. I really like it.
Creative take on the subject. I appreciate the contrast and the fact that written communication has become a lost art. Well done.
10/31/10
In a week with a lot of dark entries, this is quite refreshing. Very good job with the texting, by the way--you're a person with feet in both THEN and NOW.
Loved how you handled the then and now letter. Sad how the younger generations of today text and lose the beauty of pen and paper. Always rushing but never truly slowing down long enough to live and enjoy their lives.
Loved how you handled the then and now letter. Sad how the younger generations of today text and lose the beauty of pen and paper. Always rushing but never truly slowing down long enough to live and enjoy their lives.
11/03/10
I love the contrast between the two different types of writing. Superb!
This was fun to read. It flowed well, and had a great message. The two extremes of letter writing made me smile. Hopefully most of us can find a happy medium between the two. Good job!
11/04/10
Very clever. Loved the idea and the way you show with your writing how things have changed.
But I don't always think they have changed for the worse. Back in 'those days' we all probably would not have known any of the people here on faith writers so I am happy for progress. Just as long as we do not lose everything.
Congratulations for placing 6th in level 2!