The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1256 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Ugh! Every mother's nightmare. But your tragic ending makes a great point. Good job with this article.
Wow what a wonderful reminder. It's so easy to cast our little ones' words aside. I hope this story has a part 2.
Oh...I've done that before. Usually the cup is overflowing with weeds when I give up on the idea of putting more in water though. I really would like to read the next chapter. This is such a scary storyline. Well done.
07/21/10
I HATE reading stories like this because it's every parent/grandparent's greatest nightmare. But I have to admit this was well done and left me waiting to hear the, hopefully, happy ending.
07/21/10
Oh dear! This brought back memories of Madeliene, lost in Praia Da Luz, Portugal. This has got to be a piece to heed. Thanks for writing this story with a warning. Colin.
07/21/10
Thanks for sharing this well-written story. It's a good reminder - even for us grandmas who have been around the block a few times.
aaaugh! where's nan!? ok cannot leave mother readers of young children waiting. at least reply and tell me she's okay. :)

and I knew, from the instant mom was supposed to put the flower in water and ignored it, something bad would happen. was there music to cue me?

okay. a little too close to home (in a good way).

very well done. sheesh. don't scare me like that!
Jeanne: This is a parent's worst nightmare... and you leave the reader hanging with the unknown.
Your message is one that all of us need to be reminded of, to treasure moments and to really listen.
Very well written.