The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1184 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/20/10
Funny entry!
05/23/10
I'm drinking coffee as I read this. :) I had to smile at the changes to her life and her reaction to them. (and loved that she wanted to be supportive if he did write). I hope Joe doesn't give up. I enjoyed this!
Such a realistic slice of life, and told so well! With retirement not too far down the road for my own husband, I could envision myself in your shoes - what an adjustment! Kudos to you for being an encouraging wife and, like Beth said, I hope Joe tries again. Writing is not for the faint of heart! Great read.
Glad to see you back and writing; and congratulations on your EC with this wonderful submission.
05/27/10
Angela, I'm so excited for you. Super congrats on your ribbon AND your editor's choice for this winning entry! Happy Birthday!
05/27/10
Angela, this is so fresh and interesting. Both characters are endearing. On topic and from an out-of-box perspective.
Just love it.

Mona
05/28/10
CONGRATULATIONS, ANGELA!!!

I am so happy for you! :)

Wonderful entry!
05/28/10
Congratulations on your EC, Angela. You captured the couple's interaction as sweet and fun. I liked the different angle - an MC who wasn't meant to be writing. Great job!
05/29/10
Congratulations! Great story!! I'll be watching for your stories to appear in the Master's level!!!
My husband just retired and it's quite an adjustment. You covered this transition in a funny, original way. Loved it!