The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1126 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/14/08
Excellent job with the dialogue, and a very natural-sounding read with a great message. Very nicely done.
What perfect answers to some common arguments. Great dialog. I was impressed by the MC's "backing off" and not pushing Jesus down Russ' throat. I might not have the wisdom to do that. Very nice!
I like your MC's attitude. I like that he used a "little salt" and didn't dump the whole salt pot on his head. I'd have probably hit him with the salt pot. The conversation was real enough for me to be able to hear it. Good stuff.
Excellent dialogue. You told the story and developed your characters through their words. Great job!
12/17/08
I really like this. Great dialogue and well done, with the MC keeping his 'cool.' :)
12/17/08
This is great--I usually avoid discussions with the "Russes" of the world, because they both intimidate and annoy me. Your MC did a superb job!
I'm pretty intimidated by any "Russ" character I meet too. Love how your MC gave enough back to make the guy agree with something. It's a start. . . good enough, right? At least for a beginning seed. :)
12/18/08
I love your writing style. This is excellent, a debate without the heated exchange. I have not been able to attain to that as yet.
Loved the conversation between this two. Especially how Russ asked questions and got good answers for them, instead of a flustered brush-off or embarrassed something or the other. Very well done. This is more than "good enough". ^_^