The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1253 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I really enjoyed it. Very fun and your are right enjoy life and I really liked where you said enjoy and let life unfold- that speaks to me. Thank you. God Bless
07/31/08
I LOVE this! What a riot, and what fun! I'm a few years from this, but I hope you don't mind if I sing along with ya ;)
07/31/08
LoL--I think you read my mind on at least the first part of this!! A fun read!
07/31/08
Singin' the blues right along with ya! This is funny, fun, and I think your concentration skills haven't left you at all. Wonderful!
07/31/08
This is one to share with my friends who are right there with you...very funny!

I love the "Santa Clause" line, I just spent 30 minutes in front of the mirror with tweezers trying to get rid of my Santa look!

There is hope, sister! When there are no more hot flashes life looks better than ever. But don't count on the "concentration" part being restored, and I sort of like it that way!
07/31/08
Ha -- this is so funny! This deserves some blues chord progressions in the background while it's being read. :) You made my day!
07/31/08
**funny** I love it! I could feel the rhythm and a little tune starting forming...

uh huh...I've got the blues... the concentration blues..uh huh!

Great writing!
Just delightful!
08/01/08
Oh my! I can certainly relate to this! Great job!
08/01/08
I love it. The only way to survive getting older is to laugh at yourself.
Hey, this is absolutely brilliant!! I thoroughly enjoyed your little ditty and can identify with the feeling. Well done - very amusing and cleverly put together.
08/01/08
LOL. Your little ditty has great rhythym. Very funny and well-written!
08/01/08
This is so good....just laughed my blues away...great writing !
08/01/08
Hello! Such a nice way to find another in my peer group! I enjoyed the ditty and will pass it along to my friends if I can concentrate long enough to remember their addresses! LOL
08/02/08
LOL - so funny - it really does help to laugh about it! Thanks for writing.
08/02/08
Lots of fun!
08/03/08
I'd say you have a bit of "comedian" in you. You told this tale in poetry form to hide your real fear of growing old??? Maybe? Well growing old is better than the alternative!! So friend, take it from me--who knows about age--concentrate on the period between where you are now and where you may be in 20 - 30 years...I know you will, and will enjoy the path getting there...Very light-hearted, cheery, funny, enjoyable little poem...Helen
So what more can I say to add to whatever has already been said. I guess I can say, "been there and done all that"!

Wonderful, funny, heart warming, charming piece of poetry.

Nice Job!