The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 848 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/13/08
Character exposed! And the title said it all. Delightful.
The title is delightful, as is the believable tale of saying goodbye to this colourful character. I have always felt myself the more flanboyant of my generation, so it enci=ourages me to be myself, and hope that when I depart I will have left some good stories to bring about a smile.
06/15/08
Some very amusing stuff here--it's hard to maintain a light-hearted mood when writing ab out a funeral, but you did it very well, and without the least disrespect to the deceased. Well done.
06/15/08
A very fun entry that truly showed us the personality of Aunt Nell. Sounds like a fun woman - and this is done nicely.
06/15/08
The title made this a ‘must read’ and it did not disappoint. Humour and funerals do not always fit together, but in this case humour was entirely appropriate. I must confess I’ve never given any thought at all to what I would want to wear when I meet Jesus…
06/19/08
Quite a fun story about the deceased. You managed to convey quite well the way your aunt was viewed by the rest of the family without any malice or bitterness.