The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2182 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/28/15
Very clever! I wondered what the chicks would have looked like had they hatched!
03/01/15
Brilliant! Such a clever and comical ode. This is definitely out of the 'nest' box, entertaining and fun. The line - Her nest even higher she peered down her beak, had me in stitches. I could picture it perfectly. Who would think to write about a hen for the topic of Pride! Got to be a winner!
03/01/15
Poor Clarabelle - but I wish I had seen her beautiful eggs.
03/02/15
Classically entertaining!

Well done.

God bless~
03/05/15
Congrats Beth!

God bless~
03/05/15
Congratulations, Beth!

So clever and brilliant. I loved it from title to epitaph!
03/05/15
I've been all tye dyed up these last few months and am delighted that one the first Challenge entries I read was your imaginative prose.
Congrats on your well deserved 1st place win.
03/05/15
Hey Beth, congratulations on your win. Eggs-actly what it de-serves: whether the serve is poached, fried or scrambled...
03/05/15
You amaze me with your delightful poetry! What a great story that would be perfect for a children's book! I loved so many lines, especially: "The hen was the squawk of the town." Of course the ending was perfect too. Congratulations!
03/05/15
Congratulations, Beth! Your poem is brilliant! I loved the story of Clarabelle May's rise and fall, told in such wonderful verse.
03/05/15
So deserving of first place. This story transported me with its humour and skill. Yay! Congratulations!
03/05/15
Congratulations, Beth!
This is so clever and humorous; it surely didn't lay an egg!
Congratulations on a clear winner! I love the way you play with the farmyard genre- so much your own. The structure was brilliant and I was delighted with the lines in between the stanzas and the way they echoed the previous stanza.
The paragon-pariah is a very interesting concept. Sheer delight!
03/06/15
I'm applauding you for this expertly crafted poetic piece that certainly deserved its first place winnings. Your poems never fail to bring a smile to my face. Great job, Beth!
What an excellent and imaginative poem. Brilliant writing .Congratulations on a well deserved 1st Place. Blessings
03/06/15
Oh, Beth, I just love this. Congratulations on your well deserved first place. God bless.
Congratulations, Beth! What a fun piece, as usual.
Also, thank you for your kind comments on "Your Fountain."
Amazing and brilliant! How do you do it?! Really love this, my chuckles are joining with loads of others! Many congrats Beth - more than well deserved!
03/21/15
I loved this from start to finish! So creative, and well written. I felt like I was there in the barnyard with them. Congratulations on your first place win!