After the fall, humanity was not born in the image of God. This is obvious unless you think God sins, and we reflect his sinful image. We were born in the image of fallen Adam and our flesh inherited his image and will die. We were made sinners, inherited Adams Sin nature that led us to sin which leads to death.
For as through the one man's disobedience, the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous. Rom 5:19 NAS
When Adam had lived one hundred and thirty years, he became the father of a son in his own likeness, according to his image, and named him Seth. Gen 5:3 NAS
We Are Not Sinners Because We Sin, We Sin Because We are Sinners,
But there is great news for us since we are born-again. When we were born-again, our Spirit was born-again, a new creation in Christ in the image of Jesus. Our Spirit reflects the image of Jesus and like Jesus, our Spirit is sanctified, holy, righteous and perfected by the blood of Jesus. As He is so are we in this world.
because as he is so also are we in this world. 1 John 4:17b ESV
However, our fallen flesh, what we see in the mirror daily, is not born-again. In it still resides the fallen Sin nature inherited from Adam and therefore, our flesh must die before our transformation and redemption will be complete. Not understanding the division between our perfected Spirit and fallen flesh, where Sin still resides, creates a lot of problems for believers when they look in the mirror and see their sinful flesh that looks nothing like the image of God. This has caused many a believer to give up, to doubt their own salvation and to walk away from the faith. The worst thing we can do is to assist other believers in their doubt by judging them and heaping the law upon them that believers are no longer under. This only leads them into reliance upon self-righteousness and more doubt that leads them to judge others and continue the error. We are to do like Paul and love and encourage our brothers and sisters in Christ, always reminding them of who they are in Christ. Building up their faith and encouraging them to simply trust God the promise maker when He speaks the truth in very clear verses like John 3:16.
Paul's Method for Talking to Christians Caught in Sin
We are called to believe God’s word, to renew our minds to the message in the New Covenant that Jesus shed His blood for.
And in the same way He took the cup after they had eaten, saying, "This cup which is poured out for we is the new covenant in My blood. Luke 22:20
If you believe, you are saved right now. The only one who wants you to doubt is Satan. Unfortunately, he often uses well-meaning Christians to spread his message of doubt and fear to you. Doubt is what led to the very first sin and continues to be a precursor to sin today. This is why Satan’s main attack plan includes fostering doubt. He even tried to use it on Jesus by twisting scripture. Doubt leads to fear and to sin. What the heck, if I doubt that God loves me, I am not totally forgiven, believe he is still counting my sins and I may not be saved, I may as well go out and sin. This is why Jesus said over and over again, do not doubt, just believe. We become what we focus on the most. If we focus on sin in our life and not our righteousness in Christ, we will never defeat sin in our life. However, if we by faith believe God and walk by the Spirit, the fruits of the Spirit will replace the works of the flesh.
We all know how weeds can take over a garden with no tending. Think of your mind as a garden that needs tending, needs renewal or the weeds will take over. In this case, you do not need to pull the weeds, you just need to start planting the right crop. You need to seed your mind, heart and daily thoughts with your right standing with God. Captivate your mind and thoughts to the finished work of Christ, to who you are in Christ. I guarantee the fruits of the Spirit will grow and choke out the weeds and fruits of peace, patience, joy, and others will take over. But you need to pay attention because, at the slightest opportunity, the enemy will try and steal the good seed and plant weeds that will quickly take root. Keep your eyes on Jesus the author and perfecter of your faith at all times.
The following studies are filled with scripture to support each title. If you have accepted Jesus as your savior, you need to stop looking at your flesh, you need to see your flesh as crucified with Christ, dead right now, and renew your mind to the image of Christ your Spirit has become. This is what God see’s. He is not looking at your dead flesh. He knows for certain your flesh will pay the ultimate price for sin and never get into heaven. Your sinful flesh is the only thing that keeps you from being with God right now.
This is how God see’s you at this very moment, Christian.
To walk with God, we must agree with God. These studies will set you free and transform your life to be of great use in the kingdom of God.
1) God promised you eternal life when you were born-again through belief and see’s you as saved right now. He knows for certain His Son’s sacrifice was more than sufficient. The only condition is to believe, and you met this when you placed your faith in Jesus as your Lord and Savior. You are born-again in Christ.
If You Believe You Have Been Saved
2) God sees you as the receiver and Himself as the promise maker. The burden is always on the promise maker, not the receiver. Learn to leave the burden on God and walk in the true freedom and peace Jesus died to give you.
Leave the Burden on God
3) God see’s you in Christ, fully qualified for eternal life, fully qualified to participate in the inheritance of the saints.
Jesus Did Not Die to See If You Can Qualify
Stop Disqualifying Yourself
Don't Rearm Your Enemy
4) God sees you as fully right with Him, right now, righteous by His free gift of righteousness. You did not earn your righteousness and you cannot lose it by sinning. Your Spirit is righteous, but your flesh will never be righteous so stop doubting because of your flesh.
Only Way to be Righteous
Literally Righteous in Christ
Seek First His Righteousness
I AM THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST
5) God sees your name in the book of life because of the blood of Jesus and the word of your testimony. He will never erase it.
God WILL NOT Erase Your Name from of the Book of Life, Christian
6) God no longer sees you under the letter of the law once you come to Christ. He sees you under grace where he places all who believe. Under grace your sins are not being imputed. God is not counting the sins of your dead flesh.
The New Covenant of Grace and Truth Replaced the Old Covenant of Law
Jesus is The End of The Law for Believers
A Christian is Dead to the Law, Freed from the Law and Dead to Sin
Christians are Blessed Because God is Not Imputing our Sins
A Christians Sins are NOT Counted Against Them
Can a Christian Lose their Salvation by Sinning? NO
Sins Are NOT Counted Under Grace
God Forgets Our Sins For His Own Sake
Fallen From Grace
7) The only sin that is unforgivable is unbelief and you cannot commit this sin as a believer.
What is the One Unforgivable Sin?
Who is Jesus Talking to with Depart from Me I Never Knew We?
8) The Holy Spirit does not convict you of your sins. He is there to convict you of your righteousness in Christ. As Jesus said when I leave the Father I will send you another helper in the Holy Spirit. Jesus did not go accusing people of their sins, that is satans job, the accuser of the brethren. His only anger was with the self-righteous, those who led people away from Him, grace and truth. The Holy Spirit looks just like Jesus did when he walked this earth. We just need to renew our mind to agree with the Holy Spirit and have victory in this life.
Holy Spirit Does Not Convict a Believer of Their Sins
Sin Consciousness Grieves the Holy Spirit
9) God never calls a believer a sinner. Jesus came to save sinners and not the righteous. Once we believe we are given a new title, the righteous, even though we still sin. God sees you in the Spirit as righteous as you will ever be right now by the blood of Jesus. This is because the new Spirit he gave you is righteous and sealed from contamination by the Holy Spirit.
Believers are Never Called Sinners in the New Testament
10) Since God does not call you a sinner, he does not call you by a sinner subtitle in His word (liar, thief, hypocrite, adulterer, homosexual, etc.) A title that describes a specific type of sinner. He sees your Spirit as righteous by the blood of Jesus and the word of your testimony.
These People Will Not Inherit the Kingdom of God,
The Final Judgment Will You Be a Sheep or a Goat?
Is There Such Thing as a Violent Christian Drunkard?
11) God never calls you or sees you as a hypocrite when you sin. Hypocrite is a title reserved for the self-righteous. The only way a believer can be called a hypocrite is if they turn from the truth and are deceived into judging others while they still have sin in their own flesh. If your faith is fully in Christ, we are not one of the self-righteous. Jesus is our righteousness.
Jesus Never Called a Believer a Hypocrite
Sin Does Not Make a Christian a Hypocrite
12) God promised, the burden is upon Him, to never be angry with you again.
God SWORE I Will NOT be Angry With or Rebuke Believers
13) God promised no condemnation for you.
There is No Condemnation for You Christian
14) God see’s you as righteous, sanctified, holy and perfected in the Spirit. Your flesh will never be perfected, this is why it must die. When we die, you are guaranteed a new glorified body and your redemption will be complete.
I Am Holy, I Am Sanctified, I Am Perfected
God Said a Believer Can Never be Considered Unholy
I Am a New Creation IN CHRIST
Sanctified or Not?
15) God has called you under the New Covenant and has qualified you as a minister of the Spirit of the law (love) and not the letter of the law (condemnation and death).
Do You Know the Spirit of All of God's Laws?
Christians Are Not Qualified to be Ministers of the Letter of the Law
Letter Kills, Spirit Gives Life
We Only Have Two Commandments Christian
How to Fulfill the Law of Christ
Love and Grace Open Closed Doors and Give Life
What is Maturity? Knowing God's Holiness or God's Love and Grace?
16) God wants you to reign in this life and has given you the tools to walk in victory. Your job is to rightly divide and believe God’s word, and the fruits will come naturally as you abide in the truth.
How Christians Dilute the Power of the Gospel in Their Lives
Walking by the Spirit is Gods Will for Your Life, Guaranteed
If Sin Has Dominion in Your Life, You are Living Under the Law, Not Grace
How to Take Thoughts Captive to The Obedience of Christ
How to Defeat Satan on the Battlefield for Your Mind
What is The One Thing That Keeps a Believer in Sin?
How to Stop Being a Double Minded Christian
17) Still have doubts about the salvation of others and a desire to point out the sins of another believer? Be careful. This what the Pharisee's did. They justified their own sins they considered smaller and kept them hidden while judging others caught up in outward sin. Jesus told those who did this with the woman caught in adultery they had no right to do this unless they were without any sin themselves. Are you without sin?
Can We Really Identify a False Christian?
Questioning Another's Salvation, Creates Doubt, Does Satans Work
How to Examine Yourself and See if You Are in the Faith
Many more New Covenant Bible Studies HERE. Jesus poured out His blood for the New Covenant of grace and truth, replacing the Old Covenant law of Moses. Believers are exclusively under the New Covenant, the last will and testament of Jesus that began after the cross.