There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Rom 8:1
I believe that Christians are looking to get out of sin and not into sin. That said, believers can be trapped in varying depths of sin from very visible outward actions to hidden pride, self-righteousness, worry, doubt or fear.
The key to freedom from the sin trap is found exclusively in the realization that we are completely forgiven and under grace where sin is not counted, having no dominion over us (Rom 6:14). The knowledge of total forgiveness and that God the Father loves us as much as he loves Jesus (John 17:23), leads us to love as God loves.
LOVE BEING THE SPIRIT OF ALL OF GOD’S LAW, fulfills the letter of the law by default (Rom 13:8-10, Gal 5:14).
Jesus fulfilled the letter by walking in the Spirit. Today you can start to break free from the sin trap by walking in the Spirit too, fulfilling the letter by default. By faith believe God’s word, He loves you as much as He loves Jesus, you are totally forgiven and under grace where your sin is not counted against you.
"I will forgive their iniquity, I will remember their sin no more.” Jer 31:34b
“…that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation” (2 Cor 5:19).
“For the law brings wrath, but where there is no law there is no transgression” (Rom 4:15).
...For apart from the law, sin lies dead (Rom 7:8).
...“I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more.” Heb 10:17
1) Romans 8:1 and other verses do not teach that there is no condemnation because Christians do not sin. This is obviously not possible since all Christians sin. It teaches there is no condemnation because Christians are under grace in Christ Jesus, where sin has no dominion (Rom 6:14).
2) The thought that no condemnation comes because a Christian is now a perfect law keeper as some claim to be, would also make no sense since condemnation only comes when a person sins under the law. If there was no sin, there would be no need from protection from condemnation in Christ.
3) It also should be noted, if Rom 8:1 and others verses was about man not sinning, it would give man the glory.
4) The real reason that no condemnation comes to those in Christ is because under grace "...sin is not counted where there is no law" (Rom 5:13). All the Glory is God’s.
5) You cannot be under law and grace at the same time.
But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace. Rom 11:6
You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace. Gal 5:4
Also see Rom 2:12, Luke 7:47, Rom 8:2, 1 John 4:18.
Read in-depth articles about this topic HERE, HERE and HERE.
Contact Michael HERE.