The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 746 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is so powerful. What a wonderful inspiration Milly is. I loved the line, she's not broken. How perfect. This is a beautiful lesson for us all.
02/18/16
Amazing story and beautiful tribute to a wonderful woman. Good writing. God bless.
02/19/16
Wow! Now I'll say it backwards - !woW.
You've excelled yourself with this one, with its warm descriptions and its integrity - not to mention the odd bit of humour leaking out here and there.
And that last line is fantastic!
What an absolutely wonderful story!
The story and Milly were both grand winners for me! The boot ending is perfect!
02/21/16
Wow! How touching :-) you rendered Milly with such poignancy. The last line was a masterful touch. Brilliant!
02/21/16
What a beautiful tribute to your mother-in-law, and an encouragement to walk by never-give-up faith.
02/22/16
What a beautiful story. So well told. I love the title too. I felt Milly's pain, but also her resolve. Thank you for sharing.
02/23/16
Thank you for sharing this precious piece of family history. You wrote with obvious love and admiration and a bit of humor probably gleaned from that lovely lady!
02/24/16
Thank you for sharing this lovely story of a wonderful woman. It's made all the better by knowing it's true. You've told it very well too.
So moving and encouraging! I fell in love with Milly immediately, and pray to emulate her precious spirit. Lovely piece . . .
Congratulations! This was one of my favorites! Happy Dance!
I read every word of this. I will remember it for a long time. It is a very special story. That your mother-in-law did not nurse anger, bitterness, or self-pity but kept on without it shows the power of the kind of person she was. I think her life will continue to encourage others for a long time.
02/25/16
Oh, my. What a lovely lesson Millie taught me--gratitude.

Beautiful story. Great writing. Congratulations.
02/25/16
Congratulations, Danielle. God bless.
02/25/16
Congratulations on your placing. Very well-deserved.
02/25/16
Congratulations on your 3rd place EC award. Your mother was an amazing woman and your ending was fitting.
02/25/16
Danielle, Wow! What a brillant piece of writing. I liked how she gave everyone the boot at the end. A true tale of love.

Congratulations on your EC award.