The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 879 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/13/14
Very descriptive, sweeping view of the city that keeps us moving along with you.
I gave a contented sigh myself, just having gone to Glasgow with you. I loved the ink-blot comparison.
Such a treasure trove of information. Would love to see Glasgow in person. Wonderful to have a preview through the your eyes. Your writing reflected what must be a bustling city with loads of energy. Thanks!
11/16/14
I really enjoyed exploring Glasgow with you. Your account of your visit, along with your recommendations, could easily fit into a 'Lonely Planet' (or similar) tourist guide book. Great writing!
11/16/14
Lovely moving and engrossing read.

God bless~
11/17/14
What's a weegie?- and your description of your husband "touching roads and buildings tracing the places he had worked and pubs he had been barred from" elicted a big grin!

11/18/14
My husband and I plan to visit Scotland someday, as my Gallaway ancestors came from that lovely country, so your travelogue title caught my attention. I enjoyed your interesting and informative account of Glasgow and hope to include the city when we take our trip to Scotland! My favorite line in your story was "Beginning with a tumble of buildings next to a river, it spread out like ink on blotting paper." Beautiful imagery there! :)
Congratulations on ranking 20th overall! Happy Dance!