The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1966 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/17/09
This poem describes summer perfectly. Very good job!
This is perfect! I love the rhyme, the meter, everything. It's lilting and it's fun and it's a winner! Tell them I said so! **grin**
07/18/09
Absolutely DELICIOUS!! Title is sort of bland though. ;)
Never mind...What a joy to read this lovely poetry.
I love this poem for the picture of a perfect summer day it sings. The bouncy rhythm even feels like summer! Lovely work.
07/19/09
Wonderfully lyrical ... I believe it was all those ...ing verbs that made it sparkle.

The poem felt like ... well, it felt like summer.
07/20/09
You painted a delightful picture of so many aspects of a summer day at the beach.
I wanted to put a melody with your words and sing it!
Wow! This is clever. So many aspects of summer with delightful and unexpected rhymes. Rhythmic and unforced throughout.
07/21/09
What a lot of fun! Right here where we are, it's the middle of winter and I am decidedly feeling the chill. (Mind you, the thermometer's reading 20C) So Thanks for the reminder of how it's meant to be.
07/22/09
This is magical, the way summer is meant to be, the way it was when we were children, the way we can't quite re-create it when the responsibilities of adult life and parenthood encroach!
Simply lovely.