The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1648 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/12/09
It may be a different perspective, but it's a wonderful one—and leaves us with lots to think about concerning how we use our resources. Well done.
03/13/09
Wonderfully creative entry! What a great take--seeing the continent from outer space, and then bringing us home to the poverty-stricken orphans of Aids. Well done.
03/13/09
Absolutely. What a powerful and challenging perspective. In fact you don't even have to look at the space race for exorbitant spending. Here's a quote from the rock star, Bono, that we appended to our latest missionary newsletter:
"It's extraordinary to me that the United States can find $700 billion to save Wall Street and the entire G8 can't find $25 billion dollars to saved 25,000 children who die every day from preventable diseases."
I like very much how you presented a missionary heart and a message without preaching in your creative entry.
03/17/09
Definitely a different perspective. VERY creative and a super last line especially. Enjoyed this read a LOT.
03/18/09
I just don't have the words to describe how much I enjoyed this. It was like looking through both ends of a pair of binoculars, one end pushes the image away while the other pulls it closer.
Very creative and unique.
GREAT title! I like how her eyes were opened after meeting a child who, before, was just a kid in a photo. My favorite part (and the most convicting) was her contemplating the better uses for the millions of dollars spent traveling to the moon.
03/18/09
This was fantastic! I loved the title, and the interaction with the child...very well written. Loved it!
This entry and your entry for the USA topic are my favorites from the "Countries" quarter! Masterful word usage here!
07/09/09
I just came across this from the link you left on the message boards. Great story and a fantastic perspective. This story needs to be expanded and published.