The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 977 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/06/15
This is really an interesting, thought provoking read in so many ways. The little Nan poem seemed to want to equate love with how well we perform as others expect us too. I was glad to find at the end mom showed unconditional love. Thanks for posting this well written piece!
02/07/15
what a beautiful little devotion! This truly blessed me. Thank you so much for sharing:)
I'm afraid I'm a lazy Christian too. I love how your devotion ends with the comfort of God's mercy, yet still convicts us who are "motivationally challenged".
02/08/15
Some great reminders here. I think, if we are honest, we are all "lazy Christians" most, if not all the time. But I'm glad you ended this how you did, with the remind that God still loves us. Too many devotionals just end with the "command" so to speak, and may make some feel guilty, rather than actually encourage them.
02/08/15
You've covered a lot of material and wrapped it up with a positive challenge. Great work.
02/09/15
I might have to look for the "Little Nan" poem, too. With your writing, I can just picture the exchange with your Mom. I'm sure you didn't think so at the time, but to this reader it has an endearing quality. :) The verses completely bring the message home. I love this.
Congratulations on ranking 23 overall! Happy Dance!