The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 378 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/27/18
Good job with this sci-fi entry. It isn't easy to fit this genre into a challenge article. The conclusion was funny, but was a bit abrupt. For future entries of this type, you might think of ending it as you would a chapter in a book.
01/28/18
Very creative your out of the box entry!

Well done,
Blessings~
Very interesting Sci-Fi story. Well thought out. I agree though the ending does seem a little abrupt. Thank you.

God Bless.
This is an interesting concept. It felt a bit incomplete though. I wasn't sure why I would know her name and the ending left me wanting more.

I do like where you were going with this though and think it has a lot of potential. One thing I'd encourage is to do more showing and less telling. I liked the idea of a report, but it needed more details. For example, I might edit it like this:
I couldn't believe my good fortune when Stefan, manager of United Earth Missions, pulled me aside one day. "We think you're the right person to go out and spread the Gospel to--to those people." He wiggled his fingers as he spoke the word people. I tried not to roll my eyes at his air quotes.

After days of trudging around different camps, I finally connected with a Qlag family. Tears streamed down my face as they accepted Jesus.

Later, the mother, Siren, contacted me via trans-space radio. "Myron, we have a conundrum that I hope you can help us resolve."

That's just a quick example to show you what I mean. I know I took some liberties, but wanted to show you what I meant.

This really is a good foundation. I can see it being interpreted in different ways, and I appreciate the courage it takes to write something a bit different. I think it could be a powerful, metaphor and an exciting read. Keep writing. I look forward to reading more of your work.