The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1444 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/14/13
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

Oh my heavens! This was painstakingly funny. I loved it from start to finish, and especially cracked up when she "pretended to wave" when the gentleman turned around with her hand hovering! I roared and howled with laughter. This was too too funny. This reminded me of Erma Bombeck's writings that I loved so much. I think she read this in the "Heavenly Gazette" and enjoyed it as much as I did!

Loved it!

God bless~
03/17/13
I laughed all the way through this.

What a delightful story that many of us of mature age can relate too.

Thanks for the laughs.

I absolutely positively love this piece. You're sense of humor and timing is spot on. I really think this is a brilliant piece of writing. You had me chuckling in just the right places and I loved the unique take on the topic. I hope this story does well because I think it is one of my all time favorites.
Delightful piece. Congratulations on your EC!
03/21/13
THIS IS PRICELESS! Sounds like something I have done before. Absolutely wonderful

Congratulations on your win. Well deserved and then some!
Congratulations!!! HAPPY DANCE!!
03/21/13
This was such hilarous writing. It had me in stitches. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

Congratulations on being in the top ten in the Editors Choice.
03/22/13
Title, story, ending...all come together to make a great piece o'writin'. Brombeck like for sure.

Congratulations on placing third!!
03/22/13
Thanks everyone for your kind words! Please 'Like' with the Facebook link above and/or share my blog with your friends.
http://lovingkindnessministries.blogspot.ca/

Looking forward to meeting as many of you as we can at the conference . . . you're all going . . . RIGHT? :)
03/22/13
I love humor and have discovered through some attempts for the Writing Challenge, that it's really tricky to do well. This piece was done well! It was so real, with descriptions that helped me identify over and over and so chuckle over and over. I Ioved the line: "I wasn’t sure if I was about to be picked up or adopted." I think being able to express humor well is truly a gift from God, and you have it!
Lori - This is priceless. So funny. Love the title. Congratulations on your 3rd place win! Keep up the good writing.
Oops... hit submit before I was finished. Congrats on your EC as well :o).
Congratulations and hurrahs for a most delightful, witty, hysterical and sigh - true to this gal's life story! I wish you had "thrown a brick" so more could have enjoyed it . . .
Thanks for sharing from your merry heart. Definitely a fun read. And congratulations on your EC.
03/23/13
Ah such a delightful illustration of the foibles of getting older. Just priceless!!!!
03/25/13
Congratulations on your 9th place EC award. It was one of the funniest pieces I've ever read. If you are as good at speaking as you are at writing, you should try to be a stand up comediene.