The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1302 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/08/05
What a beautiful verse - it was as if the singing voice of the father foreshadowed the singing voice of the Divine.
Love your article. My father died when I was 8. He loved to sing how great thou art. I too found refuge in the arms of my heavenly father.
11/09/05
I too 'just found' that verse last week. It spoke volumes to my heart, for I too missed having a 'daddy.' I'm sure this will minister to many. Thanks.
11/09/05
Excellent composition. Polished, touching. Definately a contender. Congrats!
11/10/05
Wonderful. IT flowed and kept a good pace. I loved your opening.
11/12/05
This is BEAUTIFUL! I could relate to soo much, but when I got to the Zephaniah 3:17 passage, it sent chills -- that verse has been one of my favorites for YEARS! Your use of it is PERFECT! What a joy that He, our Daddy, rejoices over us with singing! And what joy your writing brought me today by reminding me of that blessed fact. Thank you!
My father died when I was six years young. I've felt that loss as does your mc. My father led the singing in church many years ago, I am told. This story is so well told. Very engaging and excellently crafted! A delight!