The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1300 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/31/06
This really spoke to me, may we all find the melody within us!
"Every song has a melody, if you just listen."
I love this line!!


09/01/06
I got it! People in glass houses should not throw stones. Every life is of value and carries the melody of God, if someone would listen long enough to hear it-to love them, things would change. Besides what would we do if the situation were visa-versa. I loved the lines:

A house made of glass, a rock in the hand
You can’t make the choice unless you understand
Every song has a melody, if you just listen.

Before you throw your stone, remember; Mercy triumphs over judgement and love covers a multitude of sins, allowing us to hear beneath the surface. I loved this. Very thought provoking.
09/04/06
This is rather beautiful. I particularly loved the refrain very powerful. I got a bit confused with Beethoven at the end - didn't quite follow how his cameo fitted with the preceding ones. But I'm probably being obtuse. I really heard this as a song, and I'd love to hear the (pardon the pun) melody.
This does make you stop to listen and think. I agree though, that the comment about Beethoven threw me a little. Still good though. :)
09/05/06
Loved the 3-line chorus, and the unique structure. I would encourage you to spend a bit more time with these entries, and refine them--each one has so much potential. This one, for example, just shines in content, rhyme scheme, message--some closer attention to meter would transform it from pearl to diamond.
09/05/06
Love love LOVE the three line refrain! This definitely blessed me!
The refrain was the best part. That helped tie it all together!
09/06/06
Nice work. A DAVEY for you.
09/07/06
Very nice! Is this a song? I'd love to hear music to these words. Last stanza's my favorite. Blessings. Jo
I finally found your entry....awesome job! I love the line with the glass house.
09/09/06
Congrats on your Davey! Is Stephane Mallarme your Pen Name, or?? Didn't quite understand if this was written by you, or?? But free verse, well done.