The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 375 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/14/19
A very unique take on the biblical story of Samuel. But I wonder about the mother telling Samuel it was child's play, because Samuel was a child!

FaithWriters has a site where there is a multitude of writing lessons. I go there often to get a better understanding of what the judges are looking for.

This is the link- copy into your browser. Very helpful to me.

http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=29535

Your story was very interesting and it took me awhile to catch on to who the child was. That is a good thing- keep us guessing!
06/15/19
A great take on the story of Samuel being dedicated to God. You brought it to life --- one of my favourite ways of approaching a FW topic. Great job. I often think of what it must have been like for Hannah to fulfill her vow to God when He granted her a child.
You do a great job of retelling this story. I was drawn in immediately and it held my attention to the very end. My only advice would be to tighten it up some. Get rid of unnecessary words or places that repeat. Just a little change like that will make such a difference. You've a great start and are a wonderful storyteller.
07/10/19
It took a couple paragraphs for me to catch on this was Samuel's story. He was one of my childhood favorites. I wanted to hear God talk to me, too! You write well and I enjoyed reading this entry. I also want to thank you for your comment on my story "Farewell to Seventeen." I appreciate your kind words.