The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 808 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/19/12
I had a feeling it was the mother- but you did great in building up to it. Lovely story.
I could so relate to your story. My mom was my best buddy. Losing her was tramatic, but she is with the Lord and I will see her again. Tell your friend she will be waiting to welcome her into God's presence.
07/20/12
My heart goes out to you...This is a beautiful story that touched my heart. Grief is so "big" there is no way to explain it unless its experienced. But, as you have so graciously said, we rejoice as Christians knowing we will reunite in our "permanent homes" again one day.

Thank you for this shining story of love, patience and Faith. God bless~
07/23/12
Well, you got me. I never saw the best friend as being the mom.

This is a sad story, yet one that brings hope, as we know where the "prayer buddy" is and that the MC will see her again.

This hits close to home as I just lost my father-in-law to cancer a month ago. Your description of how the cancer progressed was somewhat similar. It was so hard to see him in that state, mostly sleeping, but periodically waking, looking in your eyes, but unable to speak. I swear when my husband said "I love you", his dad blinked "I love you" back.

As in your story, we rest in the knowledge that he is with Jesus in glory right now and that we will see him again.

I'm sure this story helped bring comfort to your friend. It was well written. God bless.
You had me teary-eyed already, but when I got to the last sentence, I really lost it. My Mom was my best friend too and died suddenly of three ruptured cranial aneurysms. I have no doubt she is in heaven but it still hurts and I still miss her so much. I hope this story does bring some solace to those you wrote it for because even though you may had had one person in mind, God had several.
Congratulations with your win on this very inspirational story. I can see how it would bring some peace and comfort to someone who has lost a best buddy - remembering and knowing with hope and faith to see them once again.
07/26/12
Congrats! God Bless~
Congratulations on your HC and for placing 16 overall!