The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 652 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a touching story. I'm sure many can relate to the MC and even the "bump in the road." You did a nice job with developing the conflicts, the inner one raging in the MC's head and the external one of homeless people in the park.

The one thing I'd encourage is to do more showing. This line is telling: I was late and I was rushing
but switch it up a bit and you have showing: I looked at my watch and could feel the blood pound through my veins as I picked up my pace.
Try to paint a picture for the reader.

Your message is a great one and one we all need reminding of. There is a purpose for our life beyond checking off things on a list. I also like this because I think different people will take different messages. Some might hear God whisper slow down while another might hear the shout of doing something to help.
11/03/12
Very nice story with a great message. I enjoyed reading it.

God bless!
11/03/12
Your piece touched my heart. I could almost see the young woman's pain filled eyes. God can use anything and anyone to grab our attention when needed. I liked the quick back and forth dialog between the two women, ending with the simple yet powerful question, "Why?" On that day,in that park, two lives collided, and God spoke to each in a voice they needed to hear. It really makes me stop and think, thank you for that.
11/04/12
Strong messages in this well written piece. I really liked your definitive line...she invited me into her pain and that made all the difference, for that marked a change in both of their lives...one opening up/receiving and the other giving/caring. Great work!