The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 755 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/14/06
I loved the specifics in this story--the narrator's individual childhood playmates, each one named and described in his or her own specific role-play; the things the narrator tried to do as an adult to give her life meaning. I also liked the repeated use of "hero" in one paragraph with all its implications, as well as the repetition of "watch," conveying the mother's main job in the midst of many others. ("I watch, I cook, I watch...etc.").

A few typos: "adolescents came and went" should be "adolescence"; "the only think" should be "thing"; "I've never been able to safe anyone" should have "save."

Great message about the true value of being a stay-at-home mom--an encouragement to me and, I trust, to all stay-at-home moms!
12/18/06
A very nice picture of an unsung hero. A bit scattered yet you got your point across. Nice work.
12/19/06
This is a great article especially for those moms who feel that they're not doing anything important, yet your last paragraph sums it up beautifully. You are there for your children, encouraging and nurturing them to fit them into a society that has changed so much since you were a child. Well done.