The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 945 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/11/06
Wow. Powerful and tragic. Thanks for putting it out there. God bless.
What a powerful piece! A pleasure to read. Such strong imagery. I particularly liked the lines - "seduction prowls like a hungry jackal among the ruins of broken covenants." You are a writer of great talent with a remarkable depth of thought. I look forward to reading more of your work.
Such powerful, expressive, intense and layered free form verse in beginners? There is such a strength of perception here, and a maturity and discipline in the phrasing. This is excellent, beautiful, tragic, yet stimulating too. I love the aromas this invokes, the images this creates. I was drawn by the title, held fast by the writing. God bless.
01/14/06
You're in the right place, my friend, but the wrong pew! You may THINK you're a Beginner, but this proves you're ADVANCED! An awesome peek into a Father's closet! Wow! I had to read it twice to get the full value! That last line was magical..."I stand with Age waiting for wisdom and He is late"...Loved it! (As for the subject of "Escape"...I found it in that closet) Thank you.
01/16/06
I must agree, this certainly sounds like you know your way around creative language. Very nice read. Looking forward to more.