The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1488 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/17/15
Thank you for this touching and emotional story. My heart was moved reading it.

It sounded like a true story.

God bless~
04/20/15
I think this is great. Spot on topic and well written, with little spag that I could see. You told the story straight forward and it touched me deeply, and inspired my faith. This is the kind of story that would lead someone to Christ.

The only recommendation I have is to double space between paragraphs, as it makes it easier to read.

Otherwise, I would say this is at least a top five ranking. Great job.
Congrats on your first Challenge entry! I hope you enter more. You have a simple, straightforward way of storytelling that makes it easy to engage in your piece.

Breaking up some of the long-ish paragraphs into shorter ones might make it easier on a reader's eyes. But that is a minor detail.

Thank you for sharing your testimony. I found it inspiring and thought-provoking!
04/20/15
Powerful message. I like how it came full circle with the MC's own son being told to stand. Well done. Keep writing.
04/21/15
This was powerful and moving from beginning to end. I appreciated how you MC went full circle, from being a ten year old to watching his ten year old. I could feel my heart beat within my chest as I read about the army buddies, and the connection between standing up in honor of your friend who had sacrificed his life and standing up to honor Jesus. Great job.
04/23/15
Congrats! I thought this one might win, but I was afraid to jinx you by saying so.

Very well deserved!
Congratulations on 1st Place!!!
04/23/15
While reading this article it cause my mind to go back and remember when I was a child and my mother told me to stand up while the word of God was being read. We all should have a reason to stand. Enjoyed reading your story. Well written!!
04/24/15
This was a powerful piece. I began to think about seeing Jesus face to face. What I say? I used to have problems with my writing appearing as one paragraph so I now select the preview button to see how it would appear. Congratulations on your first place ribbon.
09/04/15
I was very moved by this story, made me realise how we can often forget that Jesus is most important in our lives. Thank you for inspiring me to always honor Jesus first. Congrats!