The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 558 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
As I read this article I felt the camaraderie we share in the body of Christ!

Very nice! We await a city which hath foundations whose builder and maker is God! We are pilgrims and strangers on this earth! Amen! Hebrews 11:8-16

It's a wonder to behold how those whom the Holy Spirit indwells have the same sense of being an outcast here in this world and the longing to journey to our new home being prepared for us by our Bridegroom!

Lovely entry,

God bless~
01/30/14
I agree with the previous commentor. Amen! Very relevant thoughts and words. I enjoyed it and will share it with my wife in our daily devotional.
01/31/14
Amen! Powerful devotional.

God bless~
02/01/14
Great thoughts that many Christians will relate to. I think in the line, 'even smart enough to run this race then I am reminded...' I would add a comma after the word race. Also I would add quote marks to the line from Numbers "God is not a man that he should lie". One other thing I suggest that has helped me a lot in writing is to be very judicial with the word 'that' - I usually either find another word to use, or mostly I just eliminate the word 'that' altogether and the sentence sounds better without it. Again, great devotional!
Thoughts good for all of us.

Knowledge does not bring wisdom. Wisdom is following God.

Your article was easy to follow and easy to read.
02/02/14
Good take on the topic, though others may use the same approach. You display a definite ability to write. And I hope you'll continue to hone your skills along with us. I can see God at work through your writing.

We do have to remind ourselves often that this world is not our home, we are merely passing through it on our journey home.

If I could offer a suggestion that might help supercharge this piece... I'd start with a story that serves as an example of your first paragraph. Then go into what you said about it. At the end you could then offer a conclusion to the story, while tying it to the points made.

Keep up the great work!
02/06/14
Amen, Praise God
02/06/14
Congratulations!

God bless~