The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 730 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a great testimony. I really like how you shared a personal experience which shows the message that God gave you from this experience. I'm sure we can all relate how easy It is to do things on our timeline, not God's. He knows our needs far more than we do.

The only red ink I might offer would be to do more showing and less telling. One way you can do this is today avoid passive verbs like was, have, get etc. For example this: In the spring of 2009 and I found myself searching for the ideal teaching job, having just completed my English education degree the previous fall.
can be changed to something like: In 2009, after receiving my English degree, I started pouring over want ads and school websites as I searched for my dream job.
I know it's not perfect, but hope it shows what I mean.

You did a great job of covering the topic. This reminded me to not worry about my daughter who is in college now to become a teacher. There aren't many teaching jobs around, but your story reminded me that God has the perfect plan for been. Thank you for that reminder. Good job.
I like how you used the opening paragraph as a springboard to jump into the real story you told.

A rejection is one step closer to where we should be.
07/22/13
I really liked this entry. It is well written and very on topic, showing how our expectations can be misleading but we can always expect good things from our Father Who knows far better than we do. Good job.
07/23/13
Thank you for this powerful and moving testimony. I'm so glad you shared it with us, as each will take away a significant piece of it.

God bless~
07/25/13
Congrats! God bless~
Congratulations on ranking 2 in level 1 and 21 overall! (The highest rankings can be found on the message boards.)