The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 932 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/26/13
Oh my gosh...this was riveting and brought tears to my eyes.

Excellent job with this.


God Bless~
01/27/13
You made this situation so very real. Excellent job.
Wow this is a powerful story on a difficult, yet prevalent, subject. You did an awesome job of pulling the reader in. I could feel the MC's pain emanating from the page.

It may have been a bit more of a grab if you had started with the MC running into the bathroom and pulling out the bottle.

I think you did a subtle job of covering the topic. The title really pulled it altogether for me. I think it's a totally different take on the word rest, but as your title indicates it is on topic. This is a fantastic bit of writing. My heart hurts for all those who have that need to cut. I stopped and said a prayer for everyone who needs to abuse self as a way to get through the day. Powerful writing.
01/29/13
Beautifully written. Very touching.
02/05/13
Wow. This struck me deeply. This is so surprising, I had to go and start over to make sure I was understanding the story correctly. Thank you for sharing such an honest piece that deals with pain and anxiety.