The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 949 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Great job on the dialog - and really good writing! An original story, told well. Kudos! :)
06/18/07
Wonderful truth in this story that all teens could benefit from hearing.
06/18/07
Beautiful story with a beautiful ending...or is it really a beginning? Teens would love to read this story!
This is a great story. Our culture is so focused on outward beauty, that regular nice-looking kids feel inadequate. May more young people be able to spot the inner beauty and value it. This is a well-written, realistic story.
06/19/07
Very romantic!

I felt a bit rushed at the end, and unsure of how a college guy could afford a ruby necklace.

His story about his mother is excellent, and teen girls will love it.
06/20/07
Very sweet - I enjoyed this very much.
Your paragraph near the beginning, where you speak in the present about yourself seemed a bit unnecessary, and kind of had me expecting you to jump to the present at some point later. I hope that comment made sense LOL PM me for clarification if you want.
Anyhow, this was very sweet, and I love the focus on inner beauty, which is SO important for teens to hear!
06/20/07
Good job.
This is good for teens. They need to know that they are special in some way.