The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 3218 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/28/06
Fantastic. Not much more to be said really. :)
07/29/06
Incredible. It gives me an entirely new perspective.
07/29/06
Masterful piece of writing. Simon of Cyrene, the out-of-towner that ran into a job that angels would have died for - you have detailed that job beautifully in this poem. Great Job.
07/31/06
Yes, this definitely gives a new perspective to something I've heard so many times, but haven't really thought of as in depth as this. Very moving and thought-provoking!
08/01/06
Those before me have best described this poem: fantastic, incredible, masterful and thought-provoking. You took us to that moment with your words. Very powerful.
08/01/06
What a marverlous job of giving us this unique POV. A masterful poem.
08/01/06
This is wonderful, and a very thought-provoking piece. I can't think of anything to say that hasn't already been said, so I'll just say WOW.
:)
Breathtaking! This is powerful stuff!! I loved it.
Very creative (& I agree, new) perspective on Jesus going to the cross. Great job!
08/03/06
Captivating, thought provoking and a delight to read. Great job!
Congratulations Melanie! 6th place EC - Awesome job!
08/03/06
So happy this piece placed! It was one of my favorites! Congratulations and Kudos!
Melanie, congratulations! Your poetry is so vivid and well-structured. What a breathtaking glimpse you give us of that unforgettable day in the life of Simon the Cyrene! In a few short strokes, the main character came alive.

I was captured by this line: "And somehow knew His sacrifice
Was destined for this hour".
I'm so glad this gem will be published!
08/08/06
Melanie, I'm just catching up on what I didn't read last week. Very many congratulations for this moving poem - a well deserved win.