The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1201 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/19/06
I was waiting for you to tell us that Wilbur was the janitor in Henry's church and that old Henry got bumped out into the rain because the jailor got "first rights" in the church. And maybe that's what happened. In any case, I like the comparisons. This was well done.
Great concept, and you brought it off with clarity and heart. I especially like the thunderstorm, and what it brought out in people. The deceased janitor really came alive to me. Excellent writing. A real treat!
05/20/06
An excellent story and illustration of how each man leaves something to his sons when he dies, and I'm not talking about money.
05/22/06
I really like the parallel structure here. Good job!
05/23/06
Creative comparison, strong message revealing the true meaning of prosperity.

Blessings, Rita
05/23/06
Although not the cheeriest of subject matter - I liked this very much! A great point was made, and a couple of tears fell from my eyes. Nicely done.
05/23/06
Clear teaching on true prosperity and generosity of spirit in a strangely light hearted way! :-) Worked for me.
Nicely done contrasts, here. Made me wonder what the rest of the family legacies on both sides were like....even generations after these funerals. Good job!!
Nicely done contrasts, here. Made me wonder what the rest of the family legacies on both sides were like....even generations after these funerals. Good job!!