The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1928 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/11/05
A lot here, those stairs carried a bunch of memories, so very well stated. Thank you.
07/11/05
What wonderful memories! This was very enjoyable to read.
07/12/05
This piece reminded me of a huge cottage we stayed at one year on Lake Michigan. It also had dozens of steps that descended to the beach below! Beautiful story. Thanks for sharing your heart.
Blessings, Lynda
07/14/05
A pleasant memory! Good job.
07/14/05
A delightful walk down your memory lane. Thanks for inviting us to go with you.
07/14/05
Say that when your 80 (he-he) just kidding. Wonderful article.
God bless ya, littlelight
07/15/05
Beautiful! I love the way the stairs were a constant theme throughout. Well done!
About the stairs. "They were treacherously aerobic" - love it! I, too, know what the old cow bell is like. My mom used to call me in off the lake with one when it was dinner time...I still have it, the clanky old thing. That was 50 years ago. Nice description here, and of course I LOVE all the allusions to your love affair with the lake!
07/16/05
nice memory! thanks for writing this. It's a good piece.
What wonderful memories and descriptions!
I enjoyed reading this. Good job!
07/19/05
Cyndie, this was a delightful piece and I'm sure it triggered a lot of memories for a lot of readers. Congratulations on your 3rd place in the Level 3 awards, and for your 6th place win in the Editors' Choice. Very well done! With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
11/04/05
Hi Cyndie. I'm just preparing the new FaithWriters' Anthology and need a short (two to three sentences) bio piece to include in a new section for the book - "Meet Our Authors." The bio notes need to be written in the third person. Could you please send it to me, urgently, via a Private Message? Thanks so much. Love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)