The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1849 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/16/06
This blessed my heart. Nothing is more precious and sweet than a child opening the door of their heart to Jesus. I was six.

I loved everything about this entry - especially the layered messages that fit so well into God's timing.

I really enjoyed reading and renewing these 'life' lessons.

They brought a smile to my heart. Thank you.
06/16/06
This was so touching! A sweet reminder of why we are in ministry in the first place. God bless!
06/17/06
It is wonderful when God answers prayer. A nice picture of God's abundant goodness to us. I used not to like reading things written in the present tense - but I enjoyed this.
06/17/06
This was fabulous! You drew me in immediately with something very familiar to me, and I loved the line:
Jackie’s smile is brighter than the fluorescent star she holds.
No matter where you place, this one is in my top 8 :)
Beautiful use of the present tense to draw the reader into the moment! I loved the story, and it brought back VBS days gone by. Thanks!
06/18/06
I love this! It is so precious, and an encouragement to all of us in ministry. We've all seen those vacant stares. His grace is sufficient! I hope this piece places. It is wonderful!
06/19/06
"The curriculum seems as vague as my mind." Ooh, can I ever identify! What a beautiful lesson, though, of how in our weakness, He is strong, and how abundant He is as well as is His grace. Thanks.
06/21/06
this felt sooo real. Good job capturing the scene. I could feel the characters ... and what an ending! Great work!
Wonderful piece! It has an irresistible motion to it, a forward impetus, both in action and emotion, that draws the reader into the sacred beauty of the finale!
(I, too, received Jesus as a little girl...Thanks for such an enjoyable trip back in time!)
06/21/06
Really, really good, and the last paragraph was a beautiful conclusion. I'm going to share this with our VBS leader (it starts next week) who has been a bit discouraged.
This is fantastic!

And, it's such an encouragement to those of us working with VBS (Ours is next week).

Thanks for reminding me of the real reason for serving in VBS.
What a powerful, well written message. I loved it.
11/24/06
An encouraging story that rings with truth, gently and sweetly told. yeggy