The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 416 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Poetry doesn’t usually make me laugh. Good job!
07/31/20
This was so cute and I love your title! Well done and I hope this places.
07/31/20
Probably the best poem about a millipede ever written, well done and thank you.
Great fun! Very well done!
08/03/20
So creative and entertaining!
This is beyond delightful. With some tweaking I could see it as a picture book (from me that's one of the highest compliment I can offer). You paint brilliant pictures. I have two minor bits of red ink. The exclamation points are a bit distracting to me. You have a lot of them, but your words do the exclaiming so you don't need most, if not all. The other was a bit confusing at first. Since the sparrow is his advisor, one assumes they are friends. I get he goes to a different bird (one who hasn't seen his feet), but it took me a few reads to see that. Perhaps have a different natural enemy (Robin?) or a different advisor (butterfly?). These are little things though. I truly enjoyed this and think it has a great message, is a fun read, and made me think about several things (who we trust without thinking, how easy it is to overthink, and how important to trust in God). Outstanding writing.