The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 481 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is so .... magical! Thanks for sharing this endearing story.
10/18/19
Thank you for such an enjoyable and informative story. I begged my mom to let me join Brownies, but never convinced her. I like this story a lot.
10/20/19
Well done!
Enjoyed your entry and writing.
Blessings~
10/21/19
Cool. I never knew heard this before. And it's a unique take on the topic.
I really enjoyed this. I didn't think I knew the story, but as I read memories of my girl scout days flitted in and out of my mind. You did a fine job of retelling the story.
10/22/19
Oh wow. As a former Brownie, I never heard that story. I love it. Nicely told. Thank you.

~Blessings
10/23/19
very informative. It works to merge your personal experience with some historical reference. Well done.
10/23/19
Brownies, originally called Rosebuds, were first organized by Lord Baden-Powell in 1914, to complete the range of age groups for girls in Scouting. They were first run as the youngest group in the Guide Association by Agnes Baden-Powell, Lord Baden-Powell's younger sister. In 1918 his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, took over the responsibility for the Girl Guides and thus for Brownies.

Originally the girls were called Rosebuds, but were renamed by Lord Baden-Powell after the girls had complained that they didn't like their name. Their name comes from the story "The Brownies" by Juliana Horatia Ewing, written in 1870. In the story two children, Tommy and Betty, learn that children can be helpful Brownies or lazy boggarts.
10/23/19
Sorry, that was Wikipedia for anyone who didn't catch the story behind the story
10/24/19
Thanks for telling that story about Brownies. I never became one so this is new to me. Great job!