The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 609 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
We don't always know what God has planned for us. Sometimes He surprises us, like He did in this story. It's beautifully written and enjoyable to read. Well done.
02/07/19
Very nice undercurrent. If this is auto-biographical, thanks for sharing it with us. If it is fictional, nice work, in that it feels real. My only quibble would be the very last sentence (about being published), which doesn't seem to fit the piece. It just kind of hangs there... Still, thanks for writing and sharing this.
02/07/19
Great story. I love how God answers our prayers when we earnestly seek His direction.
02/08/19
I've walked that path of depression and know the anguish that is felt. I also know that God always comes through to bring us up out of the pit of despair.
This is a lovely story. Having suffered from a chronic illness for decades my art ached for the MC. It's wonderful how God can map out a new path for our lives. It may not be what we would want, but somehow he can turn it into something to glorify him.
02/09/19
What a beautiful story. Sometimes the plans God has for our lives includes talents we feel that we don't have. But God doesn't call the equipped, He equips the called. I am glad that the long ignored writing career was not longer neglected after God showed her the map out of her depression.
This story broke my heart. The line that it was nonfiction made me aware of how wonderfully well God mapped this life and has made of it a great treasure to many. I see in the narration the acceptance of the map God has drawn, and despite all the pain, the peace He has brought. The story is "mapped" out excellently, too, and is one that will stay in my memory. The last line shows just how effectively God planned this life.
02/10/19
This is so beautiful, and it made me cry. Even with physical limitations, our lives still matter; we can still make a difference. I love the message in this well written story. It would be nice to see this find a home outside of the challenge. I can see many benefiting from it.
02/12/19
I love to hear stories of God's guidance! Well written.
02/13/19
This is lovely. Well written and well thought out. I love it!
02/14/19
What a beautifully encouraging and uplifting story! Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I'm sorry for your pain and what you went through, but rejoice at how the LORD has answered your prayers and is using you as a vessel for His work.

Love this so much,
I will remember this story always, and will use this as a witness for others, giving God all the glory!

God bless~
02/14/19
What a beautifully encouraging and uplifting story! Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I'm sorry for your pain and what you went through, but rejoice at how the LORD has answered your prayers and is using you as a vessel for His work.

Love this so much,
I will remember this story always, and will use this as a witness for others, giving God all the glory!

God bless~
02/14/19
Congrats Mariane on your EC award. Great story.