The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 965 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/05/14
Well written story that was on topic in a creative way, and brought forward a good message.

God bless~
This was a great read. I loved your MC and could see a sitcom be built around him. You had me giggling and nodding my head as I read about how he blundered but didn't realize it.

Tiny red ink a lot is two words. In my opinion, he reformed a bit too easily. Usually blowhards like Frank hold onto their ways a bit too tightly. Then I read the last line about the coffee pot and laughed. I guess we all need some work. Reminded me of the kid's song: "He's still working on me to make me the person I ought to be."

I think your take on the topic was fresh and original. I loved the way the group embraced the newbie even though he likely offended some of them. This was a delightful story.
06/11/14
Great piece, and one we've probably all witnessed a variation of at one church or another.

I thought your characters were well developed and your dialogue was great. I thought the whole thing with the coffee lady and the cleaning lady were perfect. I've seen time and time again people in churches just like this who want to "get rid" of those among us who serve with their whole heart, however imperfectly. I love how the pastor in your story fostered an environment of honoring that servant heart, even in Frank. When you think about it, Frank was just like the coffee lady, wanting to volunteer, but not really having the proper tools to do so.

Great job!
06/11/14
From beginning to end, this piece had me chuckling the whole way. You have a great gift for clever humor and hit the topic right on. I loved the ending. Great work!
06/12/14
I really didn't like this entry because it revealed too much about myself and my need to be more accepting and encouraging towards others. lol

Seriously, I really liked it and it's true value is reflected in that it did hit me between the eyes. I have been guilty of behaving like Frank from time to time and enjoyed this reminder of the value of everyone in the Kingdom.

Blessings.,
06/12/14
I'm so glad to see this one did well! Congratulations on your EC!
06/13/14
Congratulations!

God bless you~
06/14/14
The way you turned that storyline around was lovely. You made the antagonist that was really getting annoying into someone we could relate to. Great job and congratulations!
Really enjoyed this. Smiled and chuckled the whole way through. You have quite a talent.