The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1065 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/28/14
I was so interested in the mystery of Addie's character. You pulled me into this story with the interesting descriptions and details. Great ending.
02/28/14
Sorry...meant Aggie not Addie.
03/01/14
So very good! Great job with this piece, I loved it.

God bless~
I really liked this story--You introduced a very interesting character and presented an excellent message.
03/06/14
Congratulations!

God bless~
03/06/14
Congratulations on your HC, for you've kept a child's insights while warmly portraying a character who would have tragically been all-too-common in post-WW2 Britain and the rest of Europe.
Oh I love this. You managed to bring a sense of charm to the story. I could almost picture being in England. :) One thing I might mention is when one person is speaking, and then the action, thoughts, or voice of another starts, you should start a new paragraph to clarify that it's the new person. I think you did a fabulous job of writing on topic, yet you still had a fresh take on it. The feelings were so authentic that I would have guessed it was based on the truth. Congratulations and of course Happy Dance!!!!
I am positively mad for Aggie . . .

Congratulations, and thank you for your heart for Christ!

Hebrews 10:26-31 KJV
Dee, you've done it again! This is just wonderful - on several levels. I love being able to recognise some of the pecularities of living in England post-war! I love the way your characters are really alive and almost recognisable! Mostly I love the natural way you include deep and wonderful spiritual truth. Another great story - so deserving of its EC. (PS Would you believe - we really did have an old Aggy in our neighbourhood, who was somewhat strange ....!!)
03/12/14
Thoroughly enjoyable story and cleverly woven take on the topic.