The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1778 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Lovely writing, very descriptive. I could picture everything. The dialog sounds authentic. A great story.
01/11/08
Very authentic feel to this. Great story, great lesson.
01/11/08
Next time... we don't always get a next time. Good writing - excellent descriptions.
01/12/08
You're a Master storyteller and tell it with great flair!
The descriptions of the horses are my favorite part. I love the sentence, "The horse burrowed a velvety muzzle into Si’s woolen jacket, whickering softly and searching for a withered apple or carrot."
01/12/08
I love this period piece - you did a great job on setting especially.
01/12/08
A wonderful illustration of the proverb. Great visual pictures and dialogue.
01/12/08
This is outstanding. I could picture the entire piece as I was reading.
Excellent historical writing and just right on the topic
01/14/08
You're definitely the proven master of the period piece--how do you capture so perfectly every nuance of the eras in which you write? I want a trip in your time machine, please.
I enjoyed the vivid descriptions, which made all of your characters, human and equine, gallop off the page.
I liked the historical feel to this. And the horses too! I really felt bad when the brakes failed and they didn't do so well, glad they lived though! What a good example of showing how listening to one another can be that stitch in time to save both of our nines! ^_^ Great job!
01/16/08
Great descriptive writing. I could picture it all. Good application of the topic, too!
Great period piece that shows some truths transend time and yet we keep making the same foolish mistakes. Really enjoyed your writing style.
01/17/08
Great writing and a totally different take on the topic. It's perfect. I was a little afraid Newt would be held responsible so was glad for the ending. Thanks!
01/17/08
Very well written .... I loved the structure and the feel of it. It had a great rhythm and dialect. Definitely masters quality!
01/17/08
Eloquent writing--perfect dialogue. I wonder what Chapter 2 would hold?
Wonderful, loved Newt and the horses. Congratulations.