The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 4686 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
What a beautiful story of God's provision. I love the dedication of the father and the impression he made on his family to honor God.
I love nonfiction God stories that are personal testimonies of experiencing the REALITY of God's faithfulness.
07/20/18
Wow! Non-fiction? What a masterpiece. I could read this again and again. Great writing.
Inspirational and beautifully written, a joy to read.
07/23/18
Beautiful story! Beautifully written!
07/25/18
Well written. Such an uplifting, true story. Daddy's faith reminds me of having mustard seed faith. great job.
So very happy for this to receive a well deserved !st place in EC!
07/26/18
Loved this, Mariane! Portrays the provision and miracles of G-d available if we are faithful beautifully! Your words are always inspiring... <3 <3
07/26/18
What a beautiful piece and written in such a talented way that the reader has to keep reading! (God is so faithful)
Congratulations, well deserved and well done!
07/26/18
Congrats! Beautifully written and a joy to read. The concept and flow of the article are inspiring. I knew it was a winner as soon as I read it.
Oh my goodness!!!! I love your voice, and the slight humor, the characters, the message, just EVERYthing about this story. Congrats, Ms. Marianne!
07/27/18
Dear Mariane, I love reading your true life stories about the family that produced you. And, I'm delighted to see you up there as #1 for the level 4 challenge. Thank you for giving us a glimpse of your dad's exemplary life and how the Lord honored him and his service, as well. Won't we be rejoicing when "the roll is called up yonder" and we can all join hands in Hallelujahs!
07/27/18
I truly enjoyed this! Both the writing and the message. Congratulations!
07/27/18
Delightful story. What a wonderful example set by your
father. I was really glad it turned out to be true. Couldnt
wait to get to the end.
Congratulations - excellent
job.
Linda Simpson
A beautiful story, well told and all the more enjoyable for being non-fiction. Congratulations.
07/27/18
A beautiful testimony of God's provision. Love, Love, Love this story, Marianne!
07/28/18
The best stories are the non-fiction ones where God gets the glory. What an awesome story!
Congratulations, dear friend Mariane!! What a testimony your precious father has left to all of us through your anointed skill in writing! Great story! Great Truth! Great Love!
07/28/18
Amazing true story, Marianne. What a blessing to have such a man of faith as your father.
07/28/18
Forgive me for spelling your name wrong, Mariane (but the spell checker told me I was wrong).
11/16/18
Great message...
07/01/19
Gives my faith a boost
07/01/19
I hear these stories of great faith and have even experienced a small sample but you capture the reality of sacrificial faith in a way that is humbling for all of us who want to compromise when it hurts. Thanks for sharing real life and real faith.
07/01/19
Mariane, I have read this story before, but reading it again in FW, I was blessed all over again... Recently, as always, I have experienced answers to prayers, spoken, or in my heart.
Blessings, Helen
07/03/19
This is a fantastic story of God's faithfulness and definitely deserves your Best of the Best. Congratulations!
07/04/19
Congratulations on winning the yearly award, Mariane!

Your story has stuck with me through the year. God will supply all your needs.
07/10/19
This made my heart smile. :) Thanks, Marianne, and congratulations!
07/12/19
That story is very encouraging to know that God always keeps his part of promise.
07/17/19
This is a beautiful piece.
08/17/19
This was a touching illustration of God's loving providence when we obey Him.

You have such a gift as a story teller and I couldn't wait to read the end of the story.

Certainly worthy of Best of the Best.
I found your story quite moving. I know what it is like to try to make ends meet. yes I do believe in tithing to the lord even if I had to give less money in the collection than other weeks. Wonderful story. God knows my hardship as well as others who are going through the same thing.
Your dad showed amazing faith. What an example for all us! I loved this entry.
I love this story all over again!