The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 777 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/03/15
Such a sad story. I'm glad the children could console each other in such a difficult time.
Your title drew me in, and the story was strong on topic, but I am left wondering if the children ever made it to Switzerland.
12/05/15
Sad story, but on topic. I like to think a miracle happened here, and more were on the way for those kids. Good descriptions.
12/05/15
Great storytelling. Interesting and touching, creative and compelling. Thanks for sharing.
You pulled me right in. The conflict between man and war is a way too common one. I have tears in my eyes for all the little ones who suffered at the Nazi's hand during WWII and for the little ones all over the world who also have enemies killing their parents. It's important to remember and write stories like this lest we forget. Also, by imagining Mama's stew, the MC was making sure her siblings would never forget the good memories of Mama. This touched my heart.
12/07/15
Creative and touching example of love overcoming hatred.
12/10/15
Such a moving story, so we'll done I could just visualize the scene in my mind. What a wise big sister! Great job!
12/10/15
Congrats!

God bless~
12/10/15
Congrats Hannah. Well deserved EC
12/10/15
I am so happy that this little gem won an EC, Hannah.

You and your mom continue to grow as writers. I look forward to reading more.
12/10/15
Congratulations on your well deserved win! This was one of my favorites!
12/10/15
Congratulations on your EC. Great job.
12/11/15
Hannah, Congratulation on your well deserved EC award. It reminded me our hearts are full with Christ's love.
12/14/15
Your story of precious memories sustaining us is a wonderful reminder. Well done.
A well deserved win for an exquisite piece!