The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 682 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/03/15
Enjoyed reading this piece, well done.

God bless~
12/03/15
Well written and completely on topic. This is a terrific fable.

I wish I knew what happened but realize why you didn't reveal the result.
12/04/15
This was a creative use of the topic. I don't believe the king would want his brother killed since he would get no more stew. Why cut off the hand that feeds you.
Masterful. I expect this to do very well.
12/05/15
Great story telling! Thanks for sharing.
You have a great grasp on writing suspenseful stories. I think the pacing was perfect (maybe a teensy slow in the beginning, but spot on after). I enjoy an open-ended story. The king is certainly in a pickle.
12/07/15
Stew-pendous!
12/10/15
...and now confronted with the truth, what path will he choose? Leaving it open ended so the reader can reflect on that question was perfect! Just an excellent story that provokes much thought! Great job!
12/10/15
I was shocked your story didn't place in the top ten. I still love it and have it marked as a favorite.

If you request a judge's report, I'd be curious to know what they thought.

I can't wait to read what's next in store from you.
12/14/15
Donna, Congratulations on your 14th place finish. I loved, loved this story.
Congratulations on ranking 14 overall! Happy Dance!
12/15/15
Congratulations on placing in the top 15, Donna.