The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 756 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/21/15
This story is excellent, and the application is so touching. It is good to be able to find the good in difficult situations.
08/22/15
Wow Kat! What a powerful story and effortless exploration of characters and relationship:) This is just plain good writing:)
08/22/15
This story may be fiction but you describe my son's childhood in detail. Replace trains with birds, feathers in particular, and you have my eldest. The youngest does the stunning, detailed sketching. Their childhood was many years ago, but autism hasn't changed one bit.

Your story is brilliant. Rich in detail, unique for this week's topic and raising awareness of the world of autism.

You could say I'm biased but this story deserves a win. You should write a book.
08/23/15
Thank you, Kat, for contributing such a beautiful story. Your descriptions are engaging. Your message is powerful. Great insight into what autism must be like for those living with it.
08/24/15
Excellent! You catch the prison of autism perfectly.
08/27/15
Congrats on your EC for a very sensitive piece that draws us with you into the world of autism. I agree with that request/suggestion/order that you produce a book - as a guide for other parents whose children are autistic.
Great work.
Congratulations on ranking 11th overall! Happy Dance!
This is stunning. You spoke for many kids who don't have a voice and enlightened others unfamiliar with Jack's world.