The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 560 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This piece brought me to tears. I married late in life, a man with 12 grandchildren. They adore him; and I so want to love them and be loved in return. Thre is progress, but it is slow; and every step forward in creating memories for this grandma-come-lately is precious, wonderful, treasured, joy-filled.
01/10/14
I could almost picture myself out there in the snow and fir trees as I read this. What a delightful memory. So much fun!
01/10/14
Oh I can relate to this story, our little grandson thinks my hubby—his Pop-pop, hung the moon, while I am lucky to get a hug & kiss. But this last Christmas it was my lap he snuggled into when we went out to look at Christmas lights and then again for his bedtime story. It made my heart sing! Your story is so well done and a reminder that the most precious things in life are not things! Enjoyed!
01/10/14
I’d love to have your input into the free writing lessons available on the FaithWriters forums. This week’s lesson is on writing devotionals, and next week will cover writing on topic for the weekly challenge. Look for it at http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=67, or if you’re on Facebook, you can “like” Faithwriters Writing Lessons.
01/10/14
Aw, what a heart-warming story. Emma sounds adorable and I'm sure she'll retain the fun memory with you. I remember a Gran of mine who died when I was two years old. I've gone all broody - I need to borrow a grandchild!
01/11/14
Beautiful, peaceful and delightful read. It was a wonderful journey you took me and others on, and I of course thought of my days with my Great grandmother, whom I remember as clear as day. So, the memories do stay.

Thank you for sharing this lovely piece with us.

God bless~
This is a charming piece. You did a brilliant job of showcasing your characters. It reminded me of a conversation my husband and I had. Our youngest is a Daddy's girl through and through. When I whined about it, my husband said, "The other two are closer to you, can't I have one?" My answer was a vehement No! I did struggle with the jealousy until I realized that she was learning how a man should treat her. So, I could totally relate to your MC. I liked how you wove this story around the topic too. Nicely done. :-)
01/15/14
Odd how we talk about girls being closer to their father (or grandfather) figures and boys closer to their mothers (or grandmothers). Sitting here, I wanted desperately to go out and walk in the bush as I read your story. We're buried in the white stuff and it sounded so delicious as you described it. The good memories at the end of the day—good attack on the theme for this week.
Congratulations on ranking 32 overall!