The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2117 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/31/13
Insightful and imaginative approach to the topic, which draws us towards God's answer to his questions about the value of his seemingly-endless rituals.
01/31/13
Insightful and imaginative approach to the topic, which draws us towards God's answer to his questions about the value of his seemingly-endless rituals.
01/31/13
I enjoyed this well written piece. The message was powerful and completely on topic. Thank you.

God bless~
Hebrews is one of my favorite books of the Bible - it explains (clarifies) so many things. Leviticus? Not so much - thank goodness for the Good News of the Gospel. Your story brought to mind many people in "priestly" positions even in today's era. How many confessions must they hear? How difficult for them it must be, knowing that it is no longer sacrifice required, but only obedience. The final sacrifice already made. This story is profound in this way.
02/02/13
You really placed me there in the place of the priest and the struggle with making the sacrifices, day after day; year after year. I identified with him and felt his pain and found myself wishing I could tell him it wouldn't be this way forever. You made him that real to me.

Excellent job!
02/02/13
Love your wordsmithing: the dream last night that gave exodus to my sleep; their blood soaks through my dreams; my clothing and hands are stained. This was my favorite line though: Nevertheless . . . I will be careful to do all that you ask of me.
Really excellent take on the topic, and fascinating POV character. Well-written, and held my attention completely!
Your "pen" was truly inspired in this wonderful visual of a time gone by. What makes it even more wonderful is our knowledge that goes beyond what was known then. This is a beautifully written piece that makes me think and think and think and PRAISE.
And so it was! Wow, this is so powerful. You have illustrated amazingly the pouring out of surely many a Godly aching heart in those hundred of years of Old Testament sacrifice. All looking forward 'to a better and living sacrifice'. Thank you so much for this poignant and thought-provoking piece of wonderful writing. It fills you again with wonder of what Christ has done in His once for all sacrifice. Really great.
Way to go, Beth! I love the way you are able to weave Biblical principles into a story with Biblical reference without sounding "preachy" - it's truly a gift and one I admire greatly.
Congratulations on EC for this wonderful piece. You already know I love it!
02/07/13
Congratulations Beth. Such talent!
Many many congratulations Beth. As you know, I think this is just wonderful and really touched my heart on the first and subsequent readings. Fantastic.
02/08/13
Congratulations Beth! Your EC and your HC are both well-deserved. This is very well written and a moving reminder of what used to be - sacrifice after sacrifice, before The Great Sacrifice. Thanks.
02/08/13
Very powerful!
02/09/13
Wow- I don't have words to describe the impact your story had on me. Still mulling...
You painted pictures that will be forever etched on my mind when reading through these disturbing sections of the Bible.
Well done! and Congrats!!