The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 664 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/13/19
A lovely trip "down memory lane". I LOVE the last two lines. Good job!
06/14/19
Well done. I like the way you present memories as real, not dressed up to sound better. There are easy, fun, difficult, and not so pleasant memories. They are all part of life. I like your musing about how God would be pleased as His children discover infinite beauty and eternity with Him.
06/14/19
What a nice legacy you have! I enjoyed your story and like how you tied it to the topic.
A good memory deserves being broadcast for others to enjoy.
Thanks for sharing such great inner thoughts.
06/14/19
I can well identify with coming "back home" to one's parents who are aging. I like the way you presented your trip "down memory lane." I like the ending, too. Good job!
This is a lovely memory with some fine descriptions. My parents have been gone for over 25 years and I miss going home. Although you used the phrase in your story, I'm not sure it was spot on topic: meaning something that is super easy to do. Going home for some is easy, and truly going home if we have Jesus in our heart will be easier than we can imagine. You brought up some nice memories for me too. And you have a nice message in the end. Good job.
Looking back is not always the easiest thing to do, but I find I am looking back quite often these days.

Thanks for the nice penned words.